I am a fan of the Pintester. I happen to think she is very funny and helps people to not being afraid of making mistakes, since she makes so many herself. She is doing another round of the Pintester Movement.
She wants people try out pins. Before she just had us pick out random pins and test them. I tested coffee hair removal (Fail), ice cream bread (pretty good), and pumpkin muffins (hmm, pumpkiny). This time she wants us to pick out pins she has tried before and try them ourselves. I picked two easy two ingredient healthy food pins.
I tried banana pancakes. Which is really a banana omelet, I don’t know why they insisted on calling it a pancake, maybe to make it seem more appealing (heh). The 2 ingredients for these are a banana and 2 eggs. Although, I also added in cinnamon and vanilla. They were not bad. The first time I ever ran into a similar mixture was in a cookbook about how to sneak fruits and veggies into your kids foods. This was used as a mixture for french toast. I have to say I like it better for french toast then as a stand alone thing. Still it was ok.
The next one I tried was for 2 ingredient cookies plus mix-ins. These called for 2 bananas, 1 cup of oatmeal, and whatever else you have on hand. I added craisins and coconut flakes. These are actually really good and easy to make. I liked them better than the banana omelets. These actually seem more like cookies to me. They are definitely worth a try, unless you are staying away from carbs in which case go for the banana omelet.
Another pin I have in the past that I got from the Pintester was 1 ingredient ice cream. Which is really cold smashed bananas. When I was a kid I always liked getting the frozen chocolate bananas and these remind me of them, just minus the chocolate. Although, you could always try to make your own chocolate version, maybe using chocolate syrup. I haven’t made these lately because I don’t have a food processor or blender right now. They are a nice cold healthy treat for a hot day.
Failure is always an option.
- The Pintester Movement! (darkbeautymakeup.wordpress.com)
- Pintester Movement 2.0 – Lovin It (masterfullyme.wordpress.com)
- Fit Fat Ballet + Cardio day Day 5 (fitfatstrive.wordpress.com)
- Pintester Movement (sunflowercake.wordpress.com)
- Pintesting Tuesday: Cheesecake Filled Strawberries! (foreveraboveme.wordpress.com)
- Easy Paleo Recipes | “Fastpaleo Top 100” Reveals to People the Top 100 Paleo and Primal Recipes of 2012 – Tony Nguyen (prweb.com)
- Flour- and Egg-less Banana Oat Pancakes (healthypeoplehealthyplanet.wordpress.com)
- The Pintester Movement- my maxi skirt (sunflowercake.wordpress.com)
- Adventures in the Kitchen: Banana Oatmeal Cookies (norainchecks.com)